The aim of the Lavaux Classic Piano Competition is to stimulate pianists in training, to reveal and promote musical personalities of interest, and to encourage exchanges between candidates, trainers and pianists on the jury, in a benevolent and constructive spirit.
By commissioning works from young Swiss composers, Lavaux Classic also wishes to highlight and contribute to the enrichment of the contemporary piano repertoire.
The registration fee for the competition is CHF 80 for all categories.
- 16 January 2022: Deadline for registration for the first round, submission of application videos and payment of registration fees.
- 13 February 2022: Announcement of the candidates selected for the second round and presentation of the compulsory works
- 17 to 19 June 2022: Second public round in Cully during the festival
- 10 and 11 September 2022: Public final, venue to be determined
- Category I: to very young pianists up to 12 years old
- Category II: to young pianists outside the EMH curriculum up to 18 years old
- Category III: for student pianists from the HEM up to the age of 23
- Category IV: to amateur pianists of all ages